Greetings! I'm a professional software developer and geek born in the home computer age, living in Germany with a lovely daughter and my Japanese wife, in a small house that I (partially) built myself.
I prefer to grow software (constructing is the wrong metaphor) organically, test-driven and clean, with a lot of automation and supporting tools, which are best shared and collaboratively improved as open source. Like gardening, you need to take a long-term view, consider the seasons and surroundings to write beautiful, lasting applications.
- Stack Overflow 137.5k 137.5k 1414 gold badges163163 silver badges215215 bronze badges
- Super User 18.6k 18.6k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 12.2k 12.2k 2828 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 9.2k 9.2k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 309 309 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 211 Find and replace strings in vim on multiple lines
- 192 refresh changed content of file opened in vi(m)
- 129 Create a new file in the directory of the open file in vim?
- 97 Vim: word vs WORD
- 62 How to use NERD Commenter for vim -- how to use <Leader> key
- 56 vim - automatically formatting golang source code when saving
- 56 Search and replace in vim in specific lines
- View more network posts →