Greetings! I'm a professional software developer and geek born in the home computer age, living in Germany with a lovely daughter and my Japanese wife, in a small house that I (partially) built myself.
I prefer to grow software (constructing is the wrong metaphor) organically, test-driven and clean, with a lot of automation and supporting tools, which are best shared and collaboratively improved as open source. Like gardening, you need to take a long-term view, consider the seasons and surroundings to write beautiful, lasting applications.
- Stack Overflow 151.5k 151.5k 1515 gold badges192192 silver badges259259 bronze badges
- Super User 20.6k 20.6k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 15.3k 15.3k 3333 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 10.4k 10.4k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 396 396 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 287 Find and replace strings in vim on multiple lines
- 203 refresh changed content of file opened in vi(m)
- 178 Create a new file in the directory of the open file in vim?
- 115 Vim: word vs WORD
- 79 Search and replace in vim in specific lines
- 77 How can I easily move a line?
- 70 How to use NERD Commenter for vim -- how to use <Leader> key
- View more network posts →