No longer very active for a multitude of reasons; see Tired of Stack Overflow for some of them see.
Another reason is Stack Overflow's treatment of Monica. Whatever your position on the alleged CoC violations (reasonable people can disagree about this), Monica is treated as a random anonymous internet troll instead of a dedicated good-faith volunteer with years of outstanding service. I find the lack of empathy and kindness and the extreme inflexibility from Stack Exchange absolutely bewildering. They've repeatedly and unrepentantly kicked Monica in the teeth over a minor disagreement about the CoC. SE's refusal to engage in discourse or even acknowledge any complaints – no matter how reasonably phrased – is in itself a major violation of the spirit of the CoC.
- Previously Carpetsmoker.
- Dutchman living in
the UK New Zealand IrelandIndonesia.
- Programmer of stuff and Unix addict.
- I occasionally write something at arp242.net.
- You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vi and Vim 42.1k 42.1k 1515 gold badges127127 silver badges207207 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 20.4k 20.4k 1616 gold badges7373 silver badges108108 bronze badges
- The Workplace 7.1k 7.1k 66 gold badges2828 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.3k 3.3k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges
- Unix & Linux 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 341 How can I copy text to the system clipboard from Vim?
- 214 Is it reasonable to ask a potential employer for samples of their code and/or employee contact information, to determine if I want to work there?
- 185 Why doesn't the backspace key work in insert mode?
- 181 What's the simplest way to strip trailing whitespace from all lines in a file?
- 147 Asked to sign an NDA after a one-month internship
- 131 Co-worker regularly placing his foot on my desk - how to get out of the situation?
- 121 What is Neovim? How is it different from Vim? And why should I care?
- View more network posts →